Add a delightful twist to traditional story time with Storybook Yoga! Neither teachers nor children need to be familiar with yoga to participate in this imaginative activity.
Select a book to share that has at least three of the animals or natural wonders on the CD. These are your yoga “opportunities.” When one of the animals or natural wonders appears in the story, pause, turn on the CD, and do the yoga poses.
Children look forward to the change of pace and enjoy practicing these clever poses. The shared book reading experience helps children develop literacy skills. And the yoga poses help children focus, concentrate and relax as they develop physical skills.
Complete Teacher's Guide is included on the CD!
FREE Lessons to use with Dr. Suzy's Books:
Selected clips from the CD:
- Book Yoga - Instructions Play
- Book Yoga with Music (It's Time to Read) Play
- Swim Yoga - Instructions Play
- Swim Yoga with Music (Doing the Swim) Play
- Snake Yoga - Instructions Play
- Snake Yoga with Music (Cobra) Play
- Relaxation - Instructions Play
- Relaxation with Music (Smoke Drifts to the Sky) Play